Our Website is intended for users above the age of 18 only. Kindly note that we do not deliberately collect any information from or related to children below 13 years of age. Please contact us at [email protected] if you believe that we may have unintentionally gathered information from or related to an individual below the age of 13.
When you visit or use our Website(s), we may collect some personal and non-personal information about you and related to your use of our Website.
- Voluntarily Shared Information: We collect information that you voluntarily share with us while communicating with us directly or through the Website. Such information may vary depending on the nature of your correspondence with us but may include without limitation, your personal information such as name, email address, and any other information that you choose to share with us. We ensure that, unless expressly permitted by you, this information is not used for purposes other than to respond to your requests, queries, or otherwise communicate with you and is not shared with any third parties.
- Automatically Collected Information: We may automatically collect personal and non-personal information when you visit or use our Website. Such information includes, but is not limited to information about your device identifiers, IP address, geolocation, browser type and operating system, anonymous user identifiers, device configuration, visitor ID and other technical identifiers, information about your interaction with our Website, or any advertisements displayed therein, access time, and the referring URL or the webpage that led you to our Website. This information may be collected through the use of automated tracking technologies such as cookies, web beacons, and other similar technologies.
As per the provisions of California Consumer Protection Act, the above mentioned information gathered by us can be categorized as follows
(i) Identifiers – Information that can be used by us to identify you (Examples include name and IP address);
(ii) Geolocation Data – Information related to your device location (Examples include your device location derived from your IP address); and
(iii) Internet or other similar network activities – Information about your internet and browsing activities (Examples include browser type, operating system and referring URL).
We primarily use persistent cookies i.e. cookies that are permanently stored to enable us to remember your preferences every time you engage with our Website. The information gathered through these cookies is used to ensure compliance with our obligations under GDPR and determine the visitor id. Such information will be stored on your device until the cookies expire or are manually deleted or removed.
For additional information on cookies, please visit https://www.cookieconsent.com/what-are-cookies/.
USE OF INFORMATION
We collect and process your information for the following purposes:
- Providing our Website and its related features: We may process your information to offer our Website and enable you to use the features provided therein;
- Analyzing and Reporting: We process your information to analyze trends, monitor your usage of and interactions with our Website and generate relevant reports for our internal use;
- Ensuring and promoting the security of our Website: We may process your information by monitoring the use of our Website for detecting, investigating, or preventing suspicious activity and enforcing our terms and policies, to the extent this is necessary for promoting the safety and security of the Website, protecting our rights and the rights of others;
- Improving user experience: We may process your information to improve the end-user experience by enhancing the Website and providing customized features and functionalities, where applicable;
- Handling customer support: If you submit a request for support, or if you have contacted us by other means including via an email, we may process your information to respond to your request;
- Sending promotional and marketing communications: We may, with your consent, process your information to send you marketing information, product recommendations, and other promotional communications about us and other third party goods and services; or
- Complying with legal obligations: We may process your information where such processing is required to cooperate with public and governmental authorities, law enforcement agencies, or regulators in accordance with our legal obligations under any and all applicable laws.
We may, with your express consent, send notifications to keep you updated about any modifications to the Website and to share marketing or promotional content that may interest you. You can opt-out of receiving these notifications at any time by modifying your permissions from system settings.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
Sharing With Third-Parties: We may share your information with third-party service providers that enable us to provide certain features offered by our Website(s) and/or help us monitor and analyze the usage of our Website(s).
For Transactional Requirements: In the event explainedsimply.co is restructured for operational or other business purposes, by acquiring or transferring our assets or business, merging, consolidating or altering the our entities ownership, we may disclose your information to the stakeholder(s) involved in such a transaction, in compliance with our contractual and/or legal obligations.
We have implemented reasonable technical, operational, and physical safeguards designed to prevent the loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, or modification of information provided by you or collected through your use of the Website. We use encryption technology to securely transmit your information via our servers.
However, please be informed that the Internet is not a secure means of communication and any information communicated through the Internet may be intercepted by others. Despite our best efforts to protect your information, we cannot guarantee 100% security of the information sent to us through our Website(s).
DO NOT TRACK (DNT) SIGNALS:
Some browsers may allow you to set a Do Not Track (DNT) preference that notifies website(s) that you want them to stop tracking your online activities. Please take note that our servers are not enabled to respond to such DNT requests or signals sent by any browser(s).
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT
The California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) entitles California residents with various rights regarding their personal information. Users have the right to access details about how we obtain and retain their information that is subject to the CCPA as well as how we use such information.
As a resident of the State of California as defined in Section 17014 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations, you have the following legal rights that you may exercise:
Right To Know: You have the right to request access to the different types of information collected by us and to know the purpose of the collection of this information. On receiving a verifiable user request, we will share the following information with you:
- The categories of personal information we collect and specific elements under such categories.
- The categories of the source(s) from where such personal information is collected by us.
- The business/ commercial purpose for collection and sale, if applicable, of such information.
- The categories of third parties with whom the information was shared.
- The categories of personal information shared and specific elements under such categories.
You have the right to receive this information either electronically or in an easily readable format.
Please be informed that the personal information provided as a response to this request will be applicable only for a 12-month period prior to the receipt of such a request.
Right To Erasure: Besides the following exceptions, you have the right to request us to delete your personal information from our database:
- Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, provide a good or service requested by the consumer, or reasonably anticipated within the context of a business’s ongoing business relationship with the consumer, or otherwise perform a contract between the business and the consumer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity.
- Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the businesses’ deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if the consumer has provided informed consent.
- To enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with the expectations of the consumer based on the consumer’s relationship with the business.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Otherwise use the consumer’s personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which the consumer provided the information.
If we are unable to process your request as it falls within the scope of an exception, we will inform you about the details of the exception that allows us to retain your personal information.
Right To Opt-Out: If you do not approve of the sale of your personal information to third-parties, you have the right to opt-out of such sale. You may exercise this right, by clicking on ‘Do Not Sell My Personal Information’. Please note that we do not intentionally sell personal information of children under the age of 16 without the consent of such an individual or their parents/legal guardians. If we believe that we do not sell your personal information belonging as per the definition of sale under section 1798.140 of CCPA, we will respond to your request confirming that we do not sell any personal information belonging to you.
Right To Designate An Authorized Agent: CCPA allows you to appoint a licensed agent registered with the California Secretary of State to exercise your rights and obtain a response to requests submitted by you or on your behalf.
Right To Equal Treatment: You have the right to obtain undifferentiated services and support even after you exercise your rights, such as withdrawing or prohibiting the sale of your information.
With regards to the rights described above, please take note that we are only obligated to comply with two requests made within a period of 12 months.
Please know that your requests for access to or deletion of your personal information are subject to verification of your identity. In certain circumstances, we may require additional information that allows us to verify your identity. Any information shared by you for verification purposes will not be disclosed to a third party.
We aim to reply to a verifiable user request(s) within 45 days of its receipt. However, if we require additional time to process the request, we may extend the due date to a maximum 90-day period. If we extend the time taken to process your request(s), we will inform you in writing of our reason(s) for the extension and state the additional time required for processing the same.
We don’t always charge fees for the disclosure of information. Though, in situations where it may be inconvenient for us to process requests that are unreasonable and filed more than twice, we may reject the request or charge a reasonable fee.
SHINE THE LIGHT
In compliance with the terms of California “Shine the Light” Act (Section 1798.83(a) of the California Civil Code), if we exchange the personal information of our users with third parties for direct marketing purposes, California residents have the right to receive the names and addresses of third parties to whom such personal information is provided along with the components of personal information shared in the previous calendar year. Please note that this right can only be exercised once per calendar year by emailing us at [email protected]. We will do our best to process your request within 30 business days of receipt of such a request.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATION
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants residents of the European Union (EU) the following seven rights to manage, control and protect the use of their personal information.
Right To Access: You have the right to request access to your personal information which we have received, processed, and maintained.
Right To Data Portability: You can request us to share your personal information with you in a standardized, widely used, and machine-readable format. If you want us to share such information with third parties, you can submit a request for the same.
Right To Rectification: If you think that your personal information that we hold is incomplete or inaccurate, you can submit a request for modification of such information.
Right To Object: You have the right to object to your information processing, if your objection is based on the following grounds:
- If it is necessary to process your personal information in order to perform a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority delegated to the Company.
- If the processing of your personal information is vital for the purposes of the legitimate interests practiced by us or by a third party, other than conditions in which your fundamental rights, freedom, or interests that necessitate the security of personal information override those interests.
- Your personal information is processed for direct marketing purposes, including profiling to the extent it is related to such marketing strategies.
However, please be informed that we may not be able to comply with these requests where (i) we require your information to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (ii) we have substantial valid reasons for processing your information that supersede your interests, rights, and freedom.
Right To Restriction: In the given situations, you have the right to restrict the processing of your information:
- Where the information is stored for illegal reasons and instead of erasing your data, you can request us to stop processing your information for the time being.
- Where you challenge the authenticity of your personal information we collect and are still awaiting verification of the information
- Where we want to validate that our reasons for the processing of your personal information outweigh your opposition
- Where you require the information to exercise, create or defend a legal claim(s) and such information is no longer required by us
Right To Withdraw Consent: Where we rely on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to processing your personal information. Please note that any personal information processed prior to such withdrawal shall not be affected.
Right To Erasure: You have the right to request that your personal information be deleted, subject to the mentioned situations:
- The personal information is no longer used for the purpose for which it has been collected
- Your personal information was processed for illegitimate purposes
- You have filed a request to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal information and we have no valid grounds for continuing the processing of your data.
- We are required to delete your personal information to fulfill our legal obligations
Please contact us via email [email protected] to exercise your right. We make every effort to respond to your request within 30 business days from the date on which such request(s) are received.
CROSS BORDER TRANSFER
Your information collected by us will be stored, processed and managed in the country where we, or our partners, affiliates, and third-party providers maintain our data servers. By sharing your information with us, you agree to disclose your details to such third parties overseas. If your information is transmitted outside of your country of residence, you agree and accept that the data protection laws of the country in which your information is transmitted may not be the same as the data protection laws of your country of residence.
We engage third-party service providers to monitor and analyze the performance of our Website(s), generate relevant reports to analyze trends and understand the usage of our Website(s), and display advertisements on our Website(s). Such third-party service providers may use automated tracking technologies, including without limitation, cookies, web beacons, and pixels, to collect information about your activities on our Website(s). You acknowledge and agree that any information collected through the use of third-party tracking technologies shall not be monitored or controlled by us and we shall not be held responsible for the privacy practices of any third-party service provider(s). We encourage our users to read the Privacy Policies of all third-party service providers to know about their privacy practices.
Third-party services used by us are as follows:
- Google Analytics – www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/
- Google Tag Manager – https://policies.google.com/technologies/partner-sites
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
- Google – https://policies.google.com/privacy
- Outbrain – https://www.outbrain.com/legal/privacy#privacy-policy
- Taboola – https://policies.taboola.com/en/privacy-policy/
- Yahoo Gemini – https://www.verizonmedia.com/policies/us/en/verizonmedia/privacy/index.html
EXTERNAL LINKS & SERVICES
If you decide to access or engage with any third-party sites linked to our Website or purchase any products or services, you do so completely at your own risk. We encourage you to read the Privacy Policies and Terms of Service of all third-party websites before sharing any information or otherwise engaging with them in any way. You agree and acknowledge that we shall not be responsible for any conflict arising due to your interaction or engagement with such linked sites.
You may contact us directly if you have any questions regarding the Website(s) or our privacy practices by sending your query to [email protected]